Odoardo Palace in San Salvatore Castle - Susegana - Treviso - Italy
Palazzo Odoardo rises up on the upper part of San Salvatore hill, in Susegana, as the volumetric most important building of the many others constructed there since 1300. It’s a courtyard building composed by a four-storey main body, two lower perpendicular wings connected to each other, and a terrace as an open air itinerary flanked by a sequence of statues. The conservative intervention and the requalification of the complex (1997-2004) have allowed the building to house a congress center. The restoration project has involved an important trasformation of the building either from the structural, technological and formal point of view, and in the end it has included the architectural contest around the palace. To the first and necessary step of structural reinforcement, has followed the phase of conservative restoration of all the ornamental and architectural elements such as fresco, stucco, plasters, emblems and statues which adorned the castle.
Old Church in San Salvatore Castle - Susegana - Treviso - Italy
The church is located on the northern town wall of San Salvatore Castle, in the vicinity of the Odoardo Palace main entrance. The building was in a dilapidated state due to the war, the state of abandon and the reconstruction interrupted in the Fourties. It had the two external fronts marked by parastades and an inner space with a rectangular plan, walls in masonry deprived from fresco works and a provisional wooden roofing. The restoration and conservation intervention was aimed at recreating the architectural wing spread from the Fortress of the Castle, and, of course, the other aim was to recall the historical memory of the inside photographed fresco works. First of all the volume of the church has been recovered in compliance with the existent marks of its original configuration. After the formal re-composition of the facades, the parastades, the little arches under the eaves, the little bell tower against the east wall and the round opening over the entrance have been rebuilt.
Palaces of the Commitees in San Salvatore Castle - Susegana - Treviso - Italy
The first document attesting the existence of San Salvatore Castle dates back to 1303, but it was only in 1323 that it was provided with spaces connected to a comital courtyard. During the First World War the major part of the complex was disastrously destroyed. The area including the Comital Palace’s vestiges, nowadays transformed in a garden, is located in the south part of the Castle, next to Odoardo Palace, and it’s still characterized by really intersting aspects.
The east part is marked out by a big staircase with an underlying entry gate, an arches triple lancet opening and a sequence of full-centre arches. In the far end west, a part of the original volume of one of the four-storey palaces is still present. It is connected to Odoardo Palace through a communication trench supported by a series of arches which estabilishes a wing delimiting a small garden with a central well.
North Gate in San Salvatore Castle - Susegana - Treviso - Italy
The San Salvatore Castle town wall North Gate was originally one of the two main entries of the fortress. Nevertheless, due to the damage of the First World War and nearly a century of abandon, the building was unusable and condemned. The intervention has been aimed at reinstating its main purpose: being once again the principal entrance to the hamlet within the restoration project of Odoardo Palace, located on the upper part of the Castle. 200 meters far from the gate, a parking area has been realized in order to ease people to visit the Castle and take part to meetings and exhibitions inside the Palace.
The intervention on the building has been a conservative one with the purpose of maintaining its romantic appearance of a ruin, eastablished by the passage of time. Operations of material integrations and indenting refurbishment have been realized only where forced by static instability conditions.
Carmine Church in San Salvatore Castle - Susegana - Treviso - Italy
The complex is located in the territory of Susegana and it’s composed by the Curch and the ex Carmine Convent. It has been affected by a restoration and conservation intervention on the roofing and the facades of the two buildings with the purpose to preserve the Church’s decorated roof and improve the Convent’s water outflow. The Church had a classic plan with a central nave and side radial chapels, a higher choir and an apsis.
The damages caused by the First World War and the subsequent robbery were evident as it was its state of decay and degradation. Up the waterproofing sheath the roof tile has been installed reusing as much as possible the original elements. The wooden beams have been verified and repaired as the truss, while the decorated floorboard of the Church has been affected by a focused conservation intervention from the accurate cleaning phase till the repair of damaged parts.
Annunciata Church in San Salvatore Castle - Susegana - Treviso - Italy
The Church of "Annunciation", situated at the foot of the hill of San Salvatore in Susegana near the castle of the same name, takes its name from the representation of '"Annunciation" present in the high altar. The church has a Greek cross plan oriented to the cardinal points. The restoration project was aimed at the preservation and restoration of facades and all architectural element of the interiors, the stucco decorations, the marble altars until the exterior architectural elements such as capitals and cornices. However, given the advanced state of decay besetting the monument as a result of the damage never completely restored suffered during the First World War, was necessary restoration of roofs, wooden structures and masonry.
Rizzardi Palace Verona - Italy
Guerrieri Rizzardi Palace is located in the widening at the end of the road which takes its name from the “Porta dei Borsàri”. The origin of the Palace dates back to 1400, nevertheless in 1837 it was modernized. The front is austerely neoclassic and the exact simmetry matches the repetitiveness of the windows. Before the restoration intervention of the Twenties which led to the realization of the mezzanines, the building was composed by a ground floor made by some rooms covered by wooden floors, a piano nobile as residence of the lord of manor and representative space, a second floor for the servants and an attic. The piano nobile is reachable by the wide main staircase. All the interior walls are decorated by fresco works and framed by stucco works which adorn the partitions from the ground to the second floor.
Building n°1234 Ibsenova street - Vinohrady - Praha - Czech Republic
The building is a seven-storey block of flats with integrated shopping units, is located in Prague and was constructed in 1903-1904 in ornamental Secession style. The front of the building has a rich ornamental plastering with statues of cherubs, basrelief and so on. The same style has been used for interior space, in particular for communication within the building. There is executed historicizing stucco work on walls and ceilings, portals, hand-forged banisters, etched glass in windows etc. From the point of the layout and use of the space, there have been created both office space and permises of a bank with the corresponding base, modernized above-standard apartments and the required parking area in the basement and sub-basement. The appearance of the building as a whole has not been affected by this change. The interior of public spaces in the building has been restored to its original state.
Villa Rizzardi Pojega Pojega - Verona - Italy
Located in the territory of Negrar, Villa Rizzardi Pojega is an architectural complex of the second half of the XIX century and it’s characterized by the Italian garden realized by Filippo Messedaglia. Private dwelling till 2006, the building has been affected by a restoration intervention aimed at transforming the villa in location of conferences and events. A time restored the inner spaces, the intervention has concerned the facades and the roofing. The ruined beams have been recovered with new wooden inserts, while, on the facade, the important stone apparatus and the superior cresting in stone arches have been consolidated and preserved. Particularly detached, the plasters have been deeply strenghtened and two coats of protective painting have been spread on all of them.